Hello Researcher! We are the Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to helping you research your treatment options. We understand that you have many questions, and we can help you find the answers that are specific to your case. All of our resources are designed by a multidisciplinary team of advocates and expert physicians, for you. We believe that by educating yourself about the disease, you will have more productive interactions with your medical professionals, and receive better individualized care. Feel free to explore our website or call us at 1 (800) 641-7274 with any question that you have. Our Federal Tax ID # is 95-4617875 and qualifies for maximum charitable gift deductions by individual donors.
- Empowering patients with knowledge of the most effective known treatment options that limit the risks of complications and side effects.
- Encouraging physicians to stay medically current and help them access and actively engage with top experts in the field.
- Providing information based upon peer-reviewed medical research, literature, and reputable studies that will enable the patient to knowledgeably participate with his health care team in developing the best individual treatment strategy.
- Supporting research that can most immediately improve patient outcomes.
- Advocating treatment options based on the biologic manifestations of the cancer, the patient’s overall health, and the outcomes desired by the patient.
- Educating through conferences, seminars, Helpline, website, newsletters, brochures and other publications, the latest tools and updates that may immediately benefit patients and physicians.
- Involving patient families and loved ones in the treatment plans.
- Sharing information and opportunities with other prostate cancer organizations and support groups, to coordinate efforts and to support fellow organization’s progress in fighting the disease and its effects upon men and their families.
- Promote Prostate Cancer Awareness and annual testing of all men over 40.